When initially erected in 1870, the lower story of the City Hall was used as the city jail and the offices of the police department.
The police department is now located across the street at 169 West Second Street in the old Post Office Building, renamed the Conway Municipal Building in tribute to former mayor John Conway.
City Hall & Police Station, Oswego, N.Y. circa 1908
The Oswego City Hall is located at 13 West Oneida Street. Built in 1870, it is constructed of Onondaga limestone, is three stories high and features a Mansard roof with a central clocktower. It was designed by architect Horatio Nelson White and cost the city about $100,000 to build.
Upon completion, it initially housed the city jail and police department offices, the offices of municipal authorities, the board of education and the council chamber.
City Hall, Oswego, N.Y. circa 1906